Thursday, March 10, 2011

THAT'S your lunch??!!

The kids were unpacking their stuff this morning and coming into the room to get ready for the day. Alex comes up to me and proudly announces, "Hey! Look at my lunch!" This "lunch" was a 1 gallon zip lock bag that contained a bunch of Captain Crunch, Frosted Mini-Wheats (chocolate, of course), 3 granola bars, and a small bottle of grape juice. I said, "THAT'S your lunch?" And with a huge smile, he replied, "Yep! And its for at dismissal too." He just seemed so pumped about this bag of "randomness," that I asked, "Alex, did you pack this all by yourself today?" To which he eagerly replied, "Yep!" Uh...I could tell. :)
I then informed him that he would DEFINTELY be eating a regular lunch from the cafeteria along with this yummy snack he prepared for himself.

And as I walked them to lunch, I glanced behind me, and saw Alex eagerly clutching his "snack bag," and I just had to laugh to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment