Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dood??

There is a little girl in my class that is LOUD. Whenever she speaks, she speaks with gusto! Lately, I've noticed that when you ask her how she's doing, she'll yell "dood!" So today at dismissal, when most of the other kids had already gone home, I sat down with her and asked her to say the word "good." She replied, "dood." I asked her to make the "g" sound, and I did it several times so she could here it. She replied, "d...d...d." Then she started yelling in her LOUD voice that "My Mama told me that the reason I can't say 'g' because my growed up teeth are going in." That made no sense to me, so I had her look at where I put my tongue when I make the sound, and told her to do the same. We went back and forth like this. "g...g...g" "d...d...d" "g...g...g" "d...d...d" Finally, she uses her gusto to exclaim, "Ya know what? I can't get it! Let's move on!"

Its probably not funny unless you know this girl, but it was pretty hilarious! She's so loud and crazy, and her voice is just too funny :)

1 comment:

  1. O my doodness, this made me laugh out loud. A very dood post.

    ReplyDelete