Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dood...Part II

This morning, I was trying to help Kyla (the LOUD one who says "dood" instead of "good") get the internet working on her computer. I restarted it, and while we were waiting for it to reboot, she picked up a book and read the title, "My Little Dog." And you know what? She pronounced the "g" sound at the end of "dog!" So I decided to take this little opportunity to revisit our speech lesson from about a week ago. While she was reading, she came to the word "dog" again. I asked he to repeat it, and when she did, I pointed out that she said the "g" sound. I then asked her to say the word "good." "Dood," she replied. "No no, say the word dog, and listen to the g..g..g sound at the end." She did, and said the "g" sound correctly again, but then kept saying "dood." So we kept at it for a few minutes. Apparently, just like last time, I frustrated her again, because a few repetitions later she said, "Ugh! Just let me read my frickin' book!"

And our speech lesson ended there. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dood try. You'll det her to say it eventually. don't stop looking for opportunities to reach her.

    ReplyDelete