Wednesday, January 4, 2012

snack time.

Well its been awhile. So long that I haven't even posted that I switched from 4th grade to kindergarten. Long story for another time...or maybe never at all.

Anyway, today was our first day back after Xmas break. Today at snack time, one of my tables asked me if they could pray before snack. Being in a public school, I was unsure how to answer that question, but I figured that if I wasn't leading them in the prayer, then they could do whatever they wanted. So I said yes, and continued making my rounds, passing out Goldfish.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that everyone at this table grabbed hands with each other. Then one of my girls took it upon herself to lead the table in this prayer:

"Jesus, thank you for this awesome snack. We love goldfish, especially the pizza ones. Please let these fishies make us healthy, and bring us another yummy snack tomorrow. Amen."

It was so adorable, I couldn't help but smile/giggle. I definitely wish I would've had my camera handy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment