Friday, January 6, 2012

oh no.

As I was lining my kinders up for a quick bathroom break before lunch today, the nurse popped into my room and announced: "Yeah...I'm gonna have to do a quick head check on all you guys..."

To which I instantly replied, "Oh no...seriously?"

Yep...you guessed it.

One of my lovelies (absent today, obviously) has been infested with lice. Ugh.

After a minor freakout on my part, I found out that luckily, the rest of us are all good. But I was still itchy the rest of the day, since yesterday at dismissal, I let this student play "barber shop" with my hair. Smart move...not.

I have a student who is quite a bit of a worrier. She came up to me and asked, "Why did the nurse have to check our hair?" Clearly I didn't want to tell her why, because she'd freak out. So I simply replied, "She just wanted to look at all of your pretty hair!" That seemed to satisfy her, and she walked away. She came back a minute later and said, "Was she checking to make sure we don't have any tangles?"

Hee hee!

"Yep." I replied. "That's exactly what she was doing. Do you have any tangles?"
"Nope. Mommy brushed my hair this morning!"

Phew! At least now I can rest assured this weekend knowing that none of us have lice...or tangles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment