Sunday, March 18, 2012

bad word.

Last week, I taught my Kinders about the -SH sound.
And we took our spelling test on Friday.
I laughed out loud when I was grading this one...check out #7.


Oopsy!
I drew a little smiley face next to it for Mom, and wrote that the word was SUPPOSED to be "shot."

At the end of the day, students were packing up to go, and this little girl came up to me, held out her test, and with downcast eyes, said, "I changed my answer."
I said, "We've talked about this before...after I grade your paper, you can't erase your answer and change it."
To which she replied, "I know. But I sounded out what word I wrote down, and it was a bad word!"

This is how I know my students are growing up...they go back and try to sound out the words they missed to see what mistake they made :)


No comments:

Post a Comment