Thursday, May 5, 2011

Awfully Quick Comeback for an 8 Year Old!

The Monday after Easter, the kids were down at dismissal talking about what the Easter Bunny had brought them. A few of the "big, bad 2nd graders" I work with came over to join in on our conversation. Tyrone asked, "Mrs. Miller, do you believe in the Easter Bunny?" I said, "I sure do." Then he asked, "Do you believe in Santa Clause?" I replied, "Yep. I love Santa!" He looked at me like I was completely ridiculous. He got a look of disgust on his face, and started ranting, "Man, I don't beleive in no Santa Clause, and I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, and I definitely don't believe in tooth paste."....

To which Leah replied instantaneoulsy, "That must be why yo breath stinks so bad."

Tyrone was confused, until we pointed out that he told us he didn't believe in TOOTHPASTE. He quickly corrected himself, saying, "No, no, no! That's not what I meant...I meant I don't believe in the TOOTH FAIRY! I swear I brush my teeth!"

Unfortunately, the damage had already been done, since he set himself up for that one. I was just incredibly impressed with how quick Leah's comeback was! Apparently, his breath must've smelled really bad, and she'd been waiting for an opportunity to tell him or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment